Saturday, May 7, 2011

Shirota Yu wants to collaborate with Utada Hikaru



On May 7th, actor Shirota Yu, who recently debuted as a singer under the artist name U, performed at a release event for his debut single “U” in Kawasaki city.


The actor/singer commented, “I’ve wanted to sing since I was 13, and my dream came true after
12 years.”


He performed 3 tracks to an audience of 5000, including the single’s title track and a Spanish song called “Cuando se ama“.


“U” is being used as the theme song for Shirota’s starring drama “Yotsuba Jinja Ura Kagyo Shitsuren Hoken~Kokuraseya“, but he said “I don’t want people think lightly that I sang the theme song because I’m the starring actor.”


When asked who he respected as an artist, Shirota named Utada Hikaru, and stated “I’ve always liked (her). Her outstanding vocal ability and the world view of her lyrics. It’s inappropriate for me to say she’s like me, but I like her lyrics, and I like her melody and arrangement as well.” He added, “I want to collaborate with her one day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedjit

Related Posts with Thumbnails